Common Electric Garage Door Problems
Electric garage doors are more advanced than manual garage doors, but they can still face a lot of problems such as:
- The garage door remote sometimes fails to work when you are out of range, or its batteries are dead. It may also break, which is a very common problem for most electric garage door users. The remote may need reprogramming in some cases.
- The door might reverse before or after hitting the floor. This problem is caused by wrong settings of the force- close. The setting controls how much force is allowed while closing the garage door, when the setting changes, then the friction force that the door needs to feel before closing the motor changes as well.
- The motor keeps running even after the garage door is closed. This is caused by improper positioning of the up-limit switch. We have experts dedicated to this area.
- The wall switch fails to work. This problem is caused by a problem with the power supply. If you experience this problem, then feel free to contact us.
- The door may refuse to open in winter because the cold weather affects the rollers and make them stiff and unable to work well. The motor unit may also be damaged
- The garage door opener refuses to work. An unresponsive operator means that there is an issue with the photo-eyes. Photo-eye replacement for electric garage doors is one of the services that we offer as a company.
- The garage door opens slightly, then immediately closes. Experienced when the springs are broken. We can easily replace your springs for you.
- The door closes, then immediately opens. Caused when the garage doors photo- eyes are not properly aligned.
- Rusting of the garage door. Rust usually forms when the iron gets exposed to air or water for a long period of time. Since electric garage doors are mostly made of iron, then rusting is a common problem for all electric garage door users. Rust formation can be avoided with maintenance, and luckily, we provide maintenance services.
- Transmitters not working properly. The antennae may be blocked, preventing signals from your remote from reaching the garage door. The garage door antennae may also be damaged
- The disconnect switch is enabled, and you forget about it. Calling us will enable us to provide you with a list of possible solutions, of which, if any fails, then we can gladly come to your assistance.
How Long Does It Take to Fix an Electric Garage Door?
The time taken in fixing an electric garage door depends on what part of it that has to be repaired. If it is simple damage, then with our trained professionals, it won’t take more than an hour. Our employees are trained to work with speed and accuracy, thereby optimizing the time taken to fix the garage door.
The quickest installation for an electric garage door depends on the size of the door, and this can be done in less than 3 hours. If you have an electric door in need of repairs, then call us to book an appointment. Your satisfaction is our happiness.