Garage Door Installation Process
The garage door installation involves a series of steps that have to be followed correctly to do it just right. These are the step by step instructions to installing a new garage door.
- The first thing is to release the tension in the torsion spring before the garage door can be worked on. This applies to all garage doors and is absolutely necessary. For this operation, steel rods are needed to loosen the setscrews and also the springs.
- The second step is the disconnection of the existing garage door opener. This is done after the tension has been released. The door panels are removed first, starting from the top panel. Caution has to be taken with the glass. If the door opener is automatic, then the opener’s track has to be removed.
- Step three is the installation of the door panels. If the garage door is a two type garage door, then a reinforcing bar is placed on the top to prevent the door from bowing to the middle.
- In step four, the hinges are secured for the installation of the track. The track is installed by attaching brackets to the vertical track pieces. After the brackets are installed, they are placed against the wall, and the wheels made to lie properly in the track.
- Step five is the attachment of the spring assembly to the track. Pieces are added to support the spring assembly, and then it is attached to the track.
- In step six, the tracks are bolted together. The horizontal track is attached to the vertical track on the door. A correct size bolt used to bolt the tracks together.
- The springs are installed in step seven. The spring anchors are attached to the spring, and the spring locking cone secured tightly as it keeps the spring from getting loose under high tension. The two springs are then secured to the main header bracket.
- The torsion and rod pulleys are installed. The pulleys are attached to each end of the torsion rod.
- The cable is attached to the pulley wheel on both sides. The slack is pulled over the pulley tightly, and the wheel is slid to the header bracket and tightened securely.
- The final step is to tighten the springs, and it is all done.
Professionals You Can Count On
The garage door installation process requires a professional to ensure that it is done to its best. We have a competent team of thoroughly trained professionals who can install your new garage door in no time. They are outstanding in their performance and are highly recommended. You can count on them to install your garage door successfully without any inconveniences after the installation.
We, as a garage door repair and installation company, are well equipped with the entire necessary garage door repair, maintenance, and repair tools. We offer the best services possible, and if you need to have your garage door installed, then do not shy away from getting in touch with us and booking an appointment.